Colver, PA Home Page -
This site is dedicated to the memories of the miners and railroad
workers who lived and worked in Colver and the surrounding communities
and were responsible for developing the social capital that so defined
the community. (5/31/01)
- Coalville, Iowa is a small rural community in the heartland of the United States in Iowa. For the coal that was mined in the 1900's the town was named Coalville. This town has a lot of history in the coal mining industry.
- McIntyre, Pennsylvania, the Everyday Life of a Coal Mining Company Town:
1910-1947. - through the use of photos, documents, and the memories of current and former elderly residents, tell the story of a western PA bituminous coal town and includes information on the coal company, miners, union, family life, leisure, church, school.
- The Coalition for Affordable Reliable
Energy (CARE) is a broad coalition of
organizations representing thousands of businesses and individuals that
support the development of a sound energy policy for America. (4/04/01)
Excellent Site !!!!!
Guide - (02/07/01)
Country - (02/07/01)
Region - (02/07/01)
Online, the world's most active coal & coke information &
- The most efficient way to buy and sell bulk carbon
including coal, petroleum coke and metallurgical coke for industry,
especially on a spot basis.
Markets LLC, the source for info on the emerging emission credit and
over-the-counter coal markets.
World - Is a training center used to train heavy equipment operators
or electrical personnel on any full electric walking draglines or
crawler shovels. (11/16/00)
- Sister site to Dragline World. (11/16/00)
- International Mining and Industrial Exchange - (10/05/00)
Mining Life - Online Mining Resource, Web Portal for Mining Life.
- As a free and unbiased energy marketplace,
Energy.com creates an efficient and simple environment for energy buyers
and sellers to meet and transact. Also view
Feature at Energy.com. (9/13/00)
- The Pocahontas Coal Association held their
regular meeting on April 13, 2000 at Webster's Restaurant in
WV. The speaker was be Bill Raney, President
of the West Virginia Coal Association. View the Press Release regarding the
meeting and more information on the web cast visit Digital Media and Design. The
web cast is being sponsored by the Pocahontas Coal
Association, Marshall Miller and Associates, Ritchie Equipment, Commercial Testing and Engineering, The Coal Information Network,
and Digital Media and Design.
- Coal Dust Grins -
Excellent site! !
Portraits of Canadian Coal Miners and a Musical Portrait.(12/24/99)
- The EPA Region 3 Mountaintop Mining Site
- HydroCoal - Advanced new coal mining
technology, from Russia (12/10/99)
- VMES - A Bluefield WV Company (12-4-99)
- Copy of Judge Haden's most recent memorandum,
granting a temporary reprieve to his landmark decision to prohibit valley fills.
Additional information on the West
Southern District Court relating to mountaintop mining can also be accessed. (11/8/99)
- Mountaintop Mining Information from the United States Office of Surface Mining including the
latest information on the decision from Judge Haden. (10/23/99)
- Underground Coal Mining in
Southwest Virginia - A salute to underground coal miners in Virginia. One can really
get an understanding of "low coal" mining. GREAT SITE!!! (9/6/99)
- Mine Links
- updated James
D. Britton Home Page, MSHA Inspector in southern Illinois - (3/15/99)
- CoalCamp.com - The Coal Industry Market Place
- Diesel Net - Information regarding diesel
equipment in mining applications.
- DEEP - Diesel Emission Evaluation Program
- Coal WWW
- Mining USA's Home Page - this is a great site
for coal resources.
- American Coal Foundation
- Coal Mining Web Sites -
provides a listing of several Kentucky and other government resource sites on the web.
- updated Info-Mine -
InfoMine is the leading provider, aggregator, integrator and syndicator of
mining information worldwide, delivering content both remotely and via its
Portal Site and Business Center on the Internet..
- (Kentucky) Coal Education - A great source
for instructors and students, pertains mainly to Kentucky coal.
- MineNet - The Ultimate Gateway to World
Wide Mining Information.
- The Environmental News Network
- CEEDNet - Center for Energy & Economic
- United Mine Workers of America
- Black Diamond Net
- Rockhounds Information
Page, deals with minerals and gems.
- The National Research Center for Coal and
- e-Mine, European Mining Information
- MineNet - The Mine Network
- A. Gardner Limited - distributors of
coal to home and industry.
- Amerikohl Mining, Inc. is one of the largest surface mining companies in Pennsylvania,
producing 1,000,000 tons of bituminous coal annually.
- The Anker Coal Group (10/23/99)
- Arch Coal
- Arco Coal Company
- Ashland Inc.
- Ashland Chemical Company
- Black Hills Corporation
Energy Limited was formed in January 1995 following privatization of
British Coal. (02/07/01)
- Centralia Coal Sales Company - The largest
marketing representative of Anthracite Coal in the United States. (11/06/99)
- China Coal Research Institute
- Chisholm Coal Company
- Coastal Corporation parent company of ANR Coal
- updated Consol Energy (Coal)
- updated Cyprus Amax Minerals Company
- purchased by Phelps Dodge.
- Dakota Coal Company
- Electric Fuels Corporation -
Diamond May, Kentucky May, and Powell Mountain Coal - (3/24/99)
Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Pacific Limited, is
Canada's largest export-coal producer. (3/31/01)
United Coal Company
- Globaltex Industries Inc. (6/15/00)
- James River Coal Company
- Jellinbah Resources -
Resources Pty Ltd is a company formed by Queensland Coal Mine Management Pty Ltd
develop and market product coals from QCMM coal mines in Queensland.(10/9/99)
- Jim Walter Resources
- Knife River Corporation - produces and markets
aggregates and construction materials in Oregon, California, Alaska and Hawaii, and
operates lignite coal mines in North Dakota and Montana.
- Kennecott Energy Company
- Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company -
producer of premium anthracite coal in the United States. (11/06/99)
- Luscar Coal Income Fund - Canadian Coal Producer
- MAPCO Coal Inc.
- Nevada Manhattan Mining - a global
diversified mining company (added 9/4/98)
- North American Resources Corporation
- PBS Coal & RoxCoal,
Inc. - Pennsylvania Producer (be sure and wait for the music, cool.....)(11/1/99)
- P.T. Adaro Envirocoal
- PacifiCorp Mining Operations
- recently purchased Peabody Coal Operations
- Peabody Holding Company - privately owned
coal mining and selling organization.
- Pingdingshan Coal (Group) Co.
- Pittsburg and Midway Coal, owned by Chevron
- Pittston Coal
- Reading Anthracite Coal Company - Since
1871, a leading producer of anthracite coal. (11/06/99)
Terminals Inc. (6/15/00)
- Rio Tinto -
world's leading mining company. With operations all over the world, including coal mining.
- Quaker Coal
Company, Inc. - High quality
producer of coal. (10/15/99)
- QCT Resources Limited
- Shell International (Coal included)
- Teco Coal Web Site
- Triad Mining, Inc.
- US Steel - has coal mining operations in southern WV
- Vigo Coal Company - A Koester Company
Coal Company - a leading producer in southern Ohio (03/13/00)
Canadian Coal Corp (6/15/00)
- Wyodak Resources Development - surface mine engaged
in mining and processing sub-bituminous coal in the northeast corner of Wyoming.
- Zeigler Coal Holding Company
- Continental Engines
- supplier of industrial engines for power equipment as well as generators
- Wright Concrete & Construction,
Inc. - Specializing in; Tunnels, Silo's, Retaining Walls, Shotcrete/Gunnite, Pumping, Grout work. Serving all your commercial concrete needs.
- B & J Metal Fabricators and Equipment Rebuilders
- describes company specialties. Fabricating metal aprons for conveyor belt systems by replacing rubber skirts on conveyor belts.
- Argonics Inc.
- Performance Polyurethane Manufacturer specializing in mine duty conveyor belt cleaning systems, impact and abrasion resistant liners and custom molded wear products
Coal International Aktiengesellschaft is one of the leading
integrated Mining and Trading companies in the international coal
market. Recently purchased Long Airdox (below). (4/04/01)
Airdox Company - Long-Airdox
designs, develops and manufactures mining equipment for both continuous
and longwall mining and belt conveyors for underground and surface use
for the global mining industry. We also provide servicing, training and
rebuild facilities. (4/04/01)
(Behavior Modification Operations) is a unique international
corporate advisory company ready to fulfill your specific behavior
modification requirements in support of organizational objectives in
unstable areas and nations of the world.
Solutions, Inc. - noise control solutions (02/07/01)
Coal Technology - (02/07/01)
- Distributor for Aquila Mining Systems. (11/16/00)
- Mining Engineers and Consultants. (11/16/00)
Funds - Information on mineral funds and stocks from the Toronto
Stock Exchange. (11/16/00)
Supply Company - Excellence in Distribution (10/05/00
Wheel and Machine, Inc. - "Custom off Road Wheels"
Specializing in the repair of off road wheels. (9/19/00)
Devcon - The World's most dependable line of Maintenance, Repair,
Production and Tooling Epoxies, Urethanes, Adhesives and Sealants.
Information Resources, Inc. - Providing market intelligence based on
Engineering, Inc. - Mining and Tunneling Equipment, Steel Plate and
Structural Fabrication (8/19/00)
- The Interactive World of Coal, a Barlow Jonker site (7/10/00)
Mining History Resource Centre (6/28/00)
- National Coal Miner's Memorial - A the only
monument that will bear the names of every victim killed in a coal mine disaster in this
nation - more than 127,000 names. (6/15/00)
Products, Inc - A company specializing in hot vulcanized ceramic pulley laggings, the
Five Star Adjustable elbow, conveyor products and cast urethane. (03/24/00)
Exchange - A new way for producers and consumers to buy and sell coal. Worth a
visit by all producers. (03/13/00)
Technologies, Inc. - Turning coal waste into synthetic fuel. (03/13/00)
Mining Services - A complete mining consulting firm. (03/13/00)
Body Book - Your Personalized Medical Records System (03/13/00)
Knudsen Mining - Global Quality Mining Services (03/13/00)
- National Mine Service
- Miners Equipment Corporation
- Fletcher Mining Equipment
- Coal Consultancy Services
- Harwood International
- ISG Resources, is a good example of a company
using coal and coal by products.
- Midland Enterprises, a wholly owned subsidiary
of Eastern Enterprises - Coal transportation on the
mighty Ohio River
- Blue Ridge Diesel Injection
- RMI, ltd. -
RMI, ltd stands for insurance (9/2/99)
- John T Boyd - Mining and Geological Consultants
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
- Sasol - World leader in transforming coal to fuels
and other products
- Railtex - Short line transporter of coal
- Mining Technology - (3/24/99)
- Peterson Filters Corporation -
Manufacturer of Drum and Disc Filters used in Coal Preparation (3/23/99)
- Phillips Machine Service - (3/15/99)
- Wildcat Tire Distributors - (3/13/99)
- LC Equipment - Parts supplier for a
- Global Coal - The new way to buy and sell coal
on the global market.
- Coal Mining History Resource Centre
- Database of UK mining deaths and injuries, 1842 Royal Commission Reports, Children in the Mines much more
- Apedale Heritage Centre
- A heritage centre in staffordshire. Dedicated to our industrial past, preserved for the future. Mine visits now open.
- Mineral Information Institute
- Excellent resource for classroom ready materials for teachers. All coal and mineral related - how minerals
are used to support our lives. Excellent list of reclamation success stories.
- Nicholas County Schools
- http://www.AppalachianPower.com, a site devoted to understanding Appalachian culture and values and passing on the heritage to the students
of today. The site has numerous first-person interviews with the Scots-Irish settlers and other immigrants who have struggled through coal
mine tragedies, union wars, floods, and industrialization and de-industrialization to help form the modern Appalachia. It has
prescriptions for reform, celebrations of things that are worth preserving
in the modern world, and paints a unique portrait of mountain people in their own words.
Virtual Library - These
pages provide a comprehensive listing of all on-line coal and
- Welcome To The Gallery of Harrison
County, Ohio Memorial & history website for past stripping shovels (The Mountaineer and The Gem of Egypt, later called the
GEM) and The Silver Spade "Ohio's only surviving stripping shovel". Also, includes information about the Annual Stumptown Steam Threshers Show and other sites of interest.
Muskie - Byesville Community Development Corp. Memorial website to Big Muskie the world largest walking dragline ever built.
- Historical Construction Equipment
Association-Ohio Valley Chapter and The Harrison Coal & Reclamation Park. This site along with
www.stripmine.org are great sources for information about the Harrison Coal & Reclamation Park and the Silver Spade preservation effort.
- Home page for the Historical Construction Equipment Association
(HCEA), a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving for public education the
history of all types of construction, surface mining and dredging equipment.
Founded in 1986, we have 4,300 members worldwide. We operate the National
Construction Equipment Museum and an extensive Archives of construction,
surface mining and dredging equipment industry at its headquarters in Bowling Green, Ohio.
Brutus, a non-profit Kansas corporation dedicated to the mining
heritage of Southeast Kansas. (3/31/01)
Tour - Ed Coal Mine Museum - An
Educational Experience, Just Minutes from Downtown
- Jason & Lisa's Big Muskie Site A memorial website to Big Muskie the worlds largest dragline ever built.
Education - (02/07/01)
- Mine Rescues UK - Great
historical site on UK Mine Rescue. (6/15/00)
- State Mine Heritage Park Lithgow - Mining
Museum in New South Wales, Australia (03/13/00)
- Kentucky Coal Mining
- History of WV Mineral
- The Era of King Coal Web, by New River Net, very good historical information.
- Beckley Exhibition Coal
- Pocahontas Exhibition Coal Mine
- The Coal Cracker, This website pays
tribute to anthracite coal miners and allows coalcrackers everywhere to share their
thoughts and stories. Interesting reading.....
- Mine Country, Great historical site on
anthracite coal mining.
- The National Coal Museum in West Frankfort, IL
- Museum of Science and Industry's Old Ben No. 17 Tour -
This is a great educational site.
- Mine Rescue - A Tribute to the pioneering heroes of Mines Rescue in the U.K.
- Great Britain Coal Mining
Historical Resource Centre - Great Britain Historical Site - Nice site from our
friends in Great Britain (7/24/1999)
- Red Jacket Coals - Historical site
- Very Good!!! (3/24/99)
- Pioneer Tunnel Coal
Mine and Steam Train: Anthracite Coal Mine Tour - A coal mine to tour in Pennsylvania.
- Seldom Seen Valley
Coal Mine - An unforgettable underground experience! Great tourist site. (11/06/99)
- Women in Mining - Women In Mining is
dedicated to educating students, teachers and the general public about the importance of
Colliery Mining Museum - A Mining Museum in the United Kingdom. Worth a visit !
Surface Mining Banner
- Rocky Mountain Coal Mining Institute
- The site provides information about the Institute, meetings, educational activities, mine rescue
competions, and more.
- Mining & Metallurgical Society of America
- The Society Web site includes news about activities, awards given, and more. The Issues page contains
links to articles concerning the mining industry such as environmental, cyanide, coal, and many more.
- Coal Technology Association
- CTA is the trade association for the coal technologies industries worldwide. In partnership with U.S. DOE and ASME-FACT it conducts the annual international technical conference on coal utilization and fuels systems in Clearwater, Florida, USA, each spring.
Coal Association - Website of the Ohio Coal Association. (3/31/01)
Virginia Mining Association - is a non profit trade association
representing Virginia's coal mining and support services industry. (2/23/01)
- The World Coal Institute -
The World Coal Institute is a non-governmental, non-profit, independent
organization with membership open to coal producers and coal consumers from around the
- Citizens Coal Council
- Western Coal Council
- West Virginia Mining and Reclamation Association
- The Coal Association of Canada -
- National Coal Council
- Eastern Kentucky Coal Prep Association
- Virginia Coal Council
- West Virginia Coal Association
- Kentucky Coal Association
- Kentucky Mining Institute
- Nevada Mining Association - Gold and Metal
Mining related more than coal.
- National Mining Association
- Pocahontas Coal Association
- American Institute of Mining- Metallurgical and
- Chamber of Mines and Energy of Western Australia
- Chamber of Mines of South Africa
- Copper Development Association
- Geological Society of America
- Georgia Mining Association
- The Gold Institute
- Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- National Association of Mining Districts
- National Industrial Scale Association
- National Stone Association
- Northwest Mining Association
- Quality Resources
- Wyoming Mining Association
- SME: The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and